Saturday, May 3, 2008

Don't Fear the Penguins

I'm leaning towards using Linux as my music creation platform at the moment. Software that would've been extremely expensive on Windows has their counterparts in Linux for free. Maybe they're not EXACTLY as good, I don't know. But still, it's free! And I love the idea of open source.
One thing that worries me though is the compability with my VST's, I'm mostly thinking about the extremely good, but quite expensive Synthogy's Ivory.

And I've got a few things that doesn't really work in Linux right now, and sadly one of the things is the sound server JACK. Or rather, I guess it works, I just don't know exactly how to configure it. So it's my own fault, I can't blame Linux for that.

I'm actually amazed that Linux isn't used by more people, sure there are lots of people "converting" every day, but still... it's so... fast, smooth, nice and free. And to be honest, I really think Linux (or something like it) is gonna be *the* operating system to use in the future.

So here's a little ad for Linux.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHjT5-XM9o
Awesome!

And remember folks: Don't Fear the Penguins!

Again... I'm tired. :(

1 comment:

Dav said...

yeah man i honestly think Linux / free-ware is the way to go. But until the Linux collective moves away from being to tech enabled (look at the amount of lines you need to refer / type just to get into the LAN!) and more into something user-friendly it wont catch on.

But it will, and it will rule us all!